Friday, June 17, 2011

If You're Happy And You Know It...

We never have the TV on when Mason's around - if he's up, we want him to be playing and not get hooked on TV so young.  We noticed that even if we had the news on in the morning, he would stop what he was doing and stare for forever.  So, off the TV went. 

However, we started him on the "Your Baby Can Read" program a few months back, and that's the one video he's allowed to watch.  He absolutely loves the videos, and is learning so much.  We're not sure yet if he's learning the reading part, but he's caught on to so many words, actions, and songs.  This one's his new favorite ever since he learned how to clap a few weeks ago.  I know they're subtle actions, but you can tell he knows the song - stomping his feet when they say, and raising his hands like the kids when they say "Horray!" 


We watch the videos a few times a day (they're 30 minutes), and it's also the one time of day my very busy little boy will actually sit and cuddle.  After singing his favorite song, this was where he ended up.  Rather than cuddle up into my lap, he likes to lay across me or on my legs.



Makes me want to clap my hands!
(you know...caus it makes me happy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment