Friday, August 31, 2012

25

25 weeks today!  I feel really good, just starting to slow down some. 

 
This pregnancy, I'm working out of the house, so I'm seeing more people on a regular basis.  A lot of little observations I had about being pregnant last time are coming back to me, along with some new ones.  I thought I'd share a few, since they've been on my mind.
  • The first thing people will do when they see you is try to get a look at your belly.  Most likely, they won’t even bother looking at your face first, and actually greet your belly.  If they do make an effort to look you in the eye to say hi, they will undoubtedly figure out a way to check out your waistline during the conversation.
  • Strangers will never be nicer to you than when you’re pregnant.  You’ll actually notice people smiling at you as you pass by instead of the usual eye aversion.

  • Coworkers who barely ever said hi to you before will now come out of the woodwork to ask you how you’re doing/feeling and want to share pregnancy or kid stories.

  • You can literally eat all day long, and no one looks at you like a fat*ss…in fact, they think it’s cute (well, everyone but your husband, who may or may not look at you like he’s visualizing you as a 200 lb person.  Luckily, this time Tristan is less affected, maybe because I didn’t turn into a house with Mason!)

  • On the flip side, they are shocked if they find out you still work out.  Or eat (mostly) healthy.

  • The go-to question is always “Are you having any cravings?”

  • Baby kicks & hiccups = so cool and fun to feel and see.  Baby rolls = feels like your insides are flipping inside out 
  •  
  • You get some of the best comments from the non-filtered mouths of kids.  "Do you still have a baby in your belly?"  "Your belly is getting really big!"  "Is your baby a boy or a girl?  Does he have a name yet?  How come you won't tell me his name?".  
  •  
  • On the same token, once you have the baby, those same kids will undoubtedly ask you "If you had the baby already, why is your belly still big?".  For at least 6 months.  
  • Only being able to sleep on one side or the other gets really old, really fast.  As does heartburn.
  • For some reason, all I want to do is be able to go on a long, sweaty run.  And I really don't like running.  But at least I was able to 6 months ago!
So, what other funny pregnancy observations have you made that I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment