Thursday, August 9, 2012

Florida Trip

So...apparently it's been a full month since I last posted.  Wow.  That can only blamed on the following circumstances:  A 1 1/2 week trip to Florida to visit my family, the Olympics which have sucked my time out of every evening for the last 2 weeks, and the arrival of football season, which means Tristan is on the computer during every minute of every evening.  Oh yeah, and the fact I haven't taken my camera out once in about 2 months.

I did just clean out the photos & videos from my iPhone though, so I'm hoping to give you a few small updates with what I found.  

First up, our trip to Florida.  We spent almost the entire time in my parents pool (when it wasn't raining) or in the living room watching the Olympics (when it was raining), so I don't have a ton of pictures, but here's a small snapshot of how the week went.

Mason was an absolute angel on both cross-country flights, despite them being very long days.  This was the first time we had to purchase a ticket for him, and although that was painful on our wallet, it was amazing for our comfort level.

We did a little bit of coloring.

A little bit of iPad-ing.


A LOT of wiggling and insisting on sitting on mommy's lap (much to baby M's protests).

And a very small amount of sleeping.  This was on our way home, it was about midnight to our bodies and he hadn't napped all day.

We were so excited to see Cameron and her mommy Amanda - these two were due 1 day apart, but their birthdays are 3 weeks apart.  We haven't seen them since last fall, and it was so fun seeing how much they've both grown.  We took a short trip to a small local zoo!
 
Auntie Brittany came to visit and they did a lot of catching up :)

This was how you could find us most evenings before bedtime, cuddling and watching Olympic swimming.  Mason loved yelling "ready, set, GO!" at the beginning of the races.

We had a BBQ for all of our friends with kids who we haven't seen in a long time.  It was a GREAT day and I got to catch up with a few great, old friends.  We spent an entire day out by the pool wearing the kiddos out, and then served them up some sugar :)

This is Katie, one of my best friends from high school, and her daughter Aubrey, who's 7 months older than Mason.  She has a new little brother, Layne :)

Kim is another of my best friends from high school and college, and her two adorable boys Michael & Ben.

Baby Layne finally woke up so we took the chance to take a picture with all our kids.  He was born the last week of June.

Speaking of good high school friends, one of my best guy friends from high school, Jonathan, recently moved into my parents neighborhood.  He actually married his high school sweetheart Brook, who was a friend of mine as well.  They not only have an adorable almost-4-year-old, Ava, but Brook delivered their second daughter, Blair, while we were in town.

Meeting 4 day old Blair

Mason & Ava.  They had a blast playing together, and I thought this picture was hilarious.  Kind of reminds me of me & Tristan when Mason was a baby - he'd take the baby while I raced through the grocery shopping.


My dad decided to introduce Tristan to doing stadiums at Ben Hill Griffith, so all of us including my sister & her boyfriend Mike headed over one morning.  Despite being 20 weeks pregnant, I decided to do as much as I could since it's such a great workout.  

My mom tried to stay at the bottom with Mason, but once he saw us climbing to the top, he decided he wanted to join. 
Making his way to the top with Gigi.


Once he got to the top, he popped a squat with my mom's iPhone, with his back to the stadium.  Apparently that awesome view is not appreciated at 2 years old.




Hey guys, wait up!

Phew, that was exhausting!

 The stadiums crew!  I'd like to also point out that it was approximately 95 degrees out, with 100% humidity.  Stadiums in Florida is no joke!  You'll also notice Brittany's boyfriend is absent from this picture.  He chose to take it, as he went to FSU and would rather die than take a picture with Tebow :)

We also had some great southern BBQ during our trip...

Played a little too hard...


Spent lots of time with grandmas...


And ate lots and lots of sweets, courtesy of Gigi.   But really, what's a trip to grandma & grandpa's without treats??
Till next time, Gainesville!  Hopefully, next time won't be Florida in July :)

No comments:

Post a Comment