Thursday, October 7, 2010

Unswaddled!

The past 2 nights have been rough - for some reason Mason was waking up every few hours.  He wasn't hungry, mostly just unswaddling himself, which wakes him up.  That of course requires me to get out of bed and re-swaddle him, which done 3x/night along with an actual feeding provides for a sleepless night.  Then, the night before last I swear he was fighting the swaddle - screamed bloody murder when we wrapped him up, and I even found him once in the middle of the night pushing the blankets away from his body.  Well, I've been trying to get him out of that darn swaddle for a few weeks now so I took that as my opportunity to see if it was finally time.
So, last night was the big test.  And lo and behold...it was an amazing night!  He woke up 2x fussing but put himself back to seep without us going into his room, and slept 12 hours with one feeding at 5am.  I actually had to wake him up at 7:30am to get the day started!  We are so excited about this new development - hopefully this means no more swaddle!
Of course, I had to take a picture - this is how I found him this morning, fast asleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment