Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Camera

So this past weekend we got a new camera - Canon G12.  I thought it would be a perfect camera for us because it's a (huge) step above the PowerShot point-&-shoot I've been using for the past 5 years, but not as intense as the larger, more advanced DLSR cameras.  I'm a complete technology idiot, and am completely uninterested in educating myself to make myself less so, so I needed something that is fairly simple.
After playing with it for a few days (read:  I read the manual, turned the camera on and started taking pictures), I'm actually not sure if I love it.  I think the picture quality is good, but I'm not sure if it's as good as I expected it to be.  I have 14 days to return it, so I'm going to try to take as many pictures as I can between now and then to see if it starts to grow on me. 
So, my question is ...what do you think?  Do you think I'm doing something wrong?  Help!

Playing with my new camera during pre-dinner playtime



Mason's first mohawk - is it just me or does he look like a TOTALLY different baby here??

Having some cereal at breakfast.  Yum yum!


New sippy cup!  Recommended by a fellow mama, and he caught right on!

1 comment:

  1. I like the pics but I think you could probably take some with a blurred background (i.e. adjust your aperature). Do you know if you can do this on your camera? I wish I was right down the street from you...I could come help you out! Also something I found helpful was reading the best buy user reviews...some of the people that post provide really helpful hints :)

    Mason is so cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete