Friday, June 1, 2012

Alana & Matt Get Hitched!

I'm going to post a little out of order - Mason's birthday came first last week, but I'm still weeding through those pictures, so I'm going to start with the weekend first :) 

One of my best friends from college, Alana, got married this past Memorial Day weekend.  She & Matt have been together about 5 years now, and after a year & a half engagement, we were ready to see them walk down the aisle!  They live in LA and got married in a small town an hour north called Camarillo.  Gigi & Pop were in town for Mason's birthday party, so we left him in their care and headed up for 2 days kid-free to celebrate with some of my best friends.

The wedding was on Sunday but we got there Saturday evening to spend some extra time with friends and attend the post-rehearsal-dinner party.  I didn't take my camera but here's the crew!  Please notice there's a black thing in the top left corner behind Dustin...that would be baby Cameron's stroller, where he is fast asleep.  Yes, we (er, Jenna & Michael) took a baby to a bar :)

We spent most of the day of the wedding shopping around at the conveniently close outlet malls (Tristan & I won in number of purchases haha), then hit the pool for a bit.  Cameron continued to be a good boy and kept up with the day's events!

Then we cleaned up and headed to the ceremony.  
Me & my extremely handsome date!

With soon-to-be parents Tricia & Jordan

With my beautiful sorority sister, Amber, who was also the floral genius for the wedding.

Alana's beautiful bridesmaids, all sisters and cousins.

The giddy couple pre-vows




Couldn't resist another shot with my handsome hubby.  Don't ask why we chose this ugly tree when there were beautiful grounds on either side of us :)

Creative details - the table assignments and some old-school cameras for guests to use.


They had over an hour of lawn games set up during cocktail hour, for the guests to enjoy while they took more pictures.  Ski pole, badmitton, cornhole and croquet were amongst the selections.  They hand-made all of the signs.


Cam in his very handsome wedding outfit and Gator binky.

Tristan with baby Bijoux.  Getting some refresher practice in :)

Cute balcony shots

Alana & Matt spent so much time taking pictures they didn't get to enjoy any of the lawn games so Tristan set Alana up for a few quick throws before we headed into the reception :)


Of course my one Chi O shot Alana's eyes are closed, but there were 5,000 cameras pointing at us so I'm sure someone else got a better shot...right Kelly & Lisa?? :)

Our crew in front of the awesome home-made sign Alana & Matt made (minus the Tully's, Jenna was feeding baby Cam, oops!)

The reception was in a big red barn and it was so festive and fun inside.



Capturing a funny moment w/the bride & groom.  Not sure what Matt was saying but it was obviously profound!

We were there the day these two met, and have been there to watch their relationship grow over the years.  So happy to be a part of their big day!


Not sure where we got the genius idea, but Amber decided that Alana needed to "Ice" Matt.  So she left the reception in search of some Smirnoff Ice.  I'm having formatting issues, but above is Matt being presented the Ice.




Go, Matt!

Also, in true McCoy fashion, Tristan & I decided the party needed some double dutch, since it's a wedding tradition for us.  So me, Tristan and Dustin waited for the perfect song to get it started.  Above is Jenna, Tristan and Dustin helping clear the room so we could get set up. 

And then, off everyone went!  Thanks to Amber for getting these next awesome jumping shots!





Jumping pregos!




Possibly my favorite...sorry Shelly!!!




It was an awesome party, and as always it was so great to spend a few days with some of my very best friends who live way too far away (ok, let's be honest it's me who lives far away!).  And sadly, Alana was the last of our "crew" to get married for a while...so we spent a lot of time discussing what our next reunion trip would be.  With 4 more babies on the way and I'm sure another wave soon after that, we're not sure how or when it'll happen, but we're going to work hard to make sure it does!

2 comments:

  1. AWEEEE :) I LOVE this post!! What a fun weekend...your pictures are awesome and do a great job of showing off the wedding fun! I miss you already...can't wait till our next reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!! I'm pretty sure Kelly and I will have identical posts going up soon, once I go through my gazillion pictures :)

    ReplyDelete