Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oh, Did I Forget to Mention...

That I'm pregnant?  Well I guess it's a good thing everyone already knows then...because if you relied on my blog as your primary McCoy news source you'd be pretty behind.  15 weeks behind, to be exact :)

We were incredibly lucky again, as we were able to get pregnant in no time - even faster than with Mason, which was pretty fast.  We know so many couples that have gone through hell and back to conceive, so have not taken that blessing for granted in the least.  

Once we found out I was pregnant, I ran to Target to find a "big brother" shirt as a cute way to spread the news.  Here's the video we sent out to our family and friends.


I'm already noticing some similarities as well as some differences from my pregnancy with Mason.

Similarities:
- I didn't feel/notice/have a single symptom until almost 6 weeks to the day both times.  And both times, a test was taken more on a "weird feeling" hunch, more than actual signs.
- I breezed through my first trimester with only a little fatigue.
- That first trimester fear of "what if something happens before I get to the 2nd trimester" doesn't go away at all the 2nd time.  I was actually more nervous telling people before 12 weeks this time than I was last time. 
- I still count down the days to my next ultrasound.
- I. Can't. Stop. Eating.

Differences:
- This first trimester was actually EASIER than Mason's.  I was less exhausted than I was with Mason, despite having a toddler & working a full-time job out of the house (last time I worked from home).  I was also able to continue running - still am a little.
- My clothes got tighter way sooner than with Mason.
- I'm much more relaxed on the "rules" - pass on the un-microwaved sandwich meat, feta cheese and coffee.  Mama's hungry and needs her morning caffeine fix :)  But don't worry, I'm only a 1-cup-a-day coffee drinker...and Mason came out just fine!
- I haven't opened a single book, or read a single thing about "what's happening this week".  I don't remember, but don't really (have time to) think about it either.
- I started feeling tiny kicks around 14 weeks, didn't feel Mason till about 20.
- I could care less what this baby's nursery looks like, as long as it has a crib and a glider in it.
- The weeks are FLYING by and I actually would like them to slow down some, rather than get me to the end faster.  I'm not sure I'm really ready for the end result!


The weeks are flying so fast, in fact, that at my 14-week ultrasound last week, the tech told me she could already tell the gender!  I'm going to reveal a small secret - I actually saw exactly what she saw on the screen to make her say that, but JUST in case I was wrong, I played dumb and asked her to please put an ultrasound pic in an envelope for Tristan & I to open.

Since Tristan wasn't with me for the ultrasound, I decided to hold onto the envelope and give it to him that weekend for a Father's Day surprise.  Well, Father's Day was a little hectic for us, so I ended up having to hastily give it to him before we met up with family.  So we decided to set a time to open it when we were in the right mindset to find out...which happened on Wednesday!

Well...my sneak peek guess was right!


That's right, Mason's getting a little brother!  And we couldn't be more excited about it.  Both of us had a few-minute mourning period knowing that this means we'll never have a girl, but we have 3 amazing nieces a few houses away who can give us our girl fix any day we need it.  We both LOVE having a boy, and I really think we're just meant to be the parents of boys.  And no, we will never try for a girl - we're a 4 person family, as long as there are no "accidents" in the upcoming years :)

So there it is - we're pregnant with a little boy!  And here's me at 15 weeks right now:


Looks like I'll just need to step up my shoe- and clothes-buying in the upcoming years to help average out the estrogen/testosterone levels in my household, right???

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Alisha! Sounds like everything is going really well... very happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete