Sunday, August 7, 2011

Florida Visitors

Mason is a popular guy whenever he goes to Florida - whether we're there for 4 days or 2 weeks, we've always had a flurry of visitors in and out to see him (and maybe a little bit of us, but mostly Mason).  This trip was definitely no exception! 

Two of the most important people that we wanted to make sure got plenty of time with Mason was my two grandmas - Bev & Sandy.  They both live in Gainesville, and have only spent a small amount of time with Mason.  I wanted to make sure they saw him as much as they could!

Grandma Sandy


Grandma Bev

 We also have a ton of friends in Florida that we were really hoping to see.  And we were able to see most of them!

I went to high school with Amanda & Billy Latsko, they are friends of my brothers.  About 2 years ago Billy was with the Chargers and they lived in San Diego, so the 4 of us became close.  Amanda & I got pregnant at the same time, and her little Cameron is 3 weeks younger than Mason.  They moved back to Gainesville right before Cam was born.  These pictures make me laugh...Mason is apparently scared of other kids these days.  I know it's a phase but it's a frustrating one.  Anyways, he was beside himself when this little walking spitfire came through the doors, and the funniest part was that he went straight to Amanda for comfort.

My absolute favorite picture.  Mason is clinging onto Amanda for dear life - why is she touching me????

Finally becoming friends, bonding over a shared love of grapes.


Ha - check out Cam's face!


Katie and I went to high school together as well.  She still lives in Gainesville and I try to see her every time I go back.  Her little lady, Aubrey, is 21 months old and so beautiful. 


A little side-by-side play for the kiddos.  This distance was perfect for both of them :)

This is Mike, my sister Brittany's boyfriend.  Mason was helping him get some work done.

Some of my very best college friends were also able to make the trip to Gainesville for a weekend.  Kelly, Tara & Lisa are sorority sisters that I've remained close to over the years, despite the distance.  Kelly & Tara live in South FL with their (awesome) husbands, and Lisa lives in Atlanta with her husband.  We had an awesome weekend together - spent all day Saturday lounging by my parents pool, and went out for dinner and drinks that night.  Kelly has an amazing camera, and she was snapping away the whole weekend, so I ended up taking a total of THREE pictures the entire time they were visiting!  They are below - but for a perfect recap of our weekend, check out Kelly's blog.

Apparently my camera didn't like the humidity here.  Kelly's got some better ones on her blog.

These are the only 2 other shots I got, but they're really good ones!  Saturday morning we had bagels and Kelly's husband Dustin was nice enough to share with Mason.

My absolute favorite!  Mason is saying, thanks buddy, you're so nice for sharing.  I like you, you're welcome here anytime.

And last but certainly not least, we had plenty of family swing by to say hi!

This is Lauren, my cousin Kim's daughter.  They came from Jacksonville to visit for the day!

Lauren and Kim.  Kim also has 3 other kids that I didn't get pictures of - Jayne, Tanner and Zane.  They were all great with Mason!

My dad's brother, Uncle Barry, who came from Ocala

My cousin Kim's parents, Charlie & Cheryl, came from Jax as well.  Cheryl teaches early education to kids Mason's age, so they were best buds immediately.

This may be my favorite picture of the trip :)

So many visitors, so much fun!  We miss them all already!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the call out :) And I LOVE that picture of Mason and Dustin...too funny and cute :) I can totally tell Mason is saying "thanks" to Dustin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason is so sweet and soooo smart!! Wish I could see him more often.

    ReplyDelete