Thursday, August 4, 2011

Trip to Florida - part 1

I've been staring at my computer and the 175 pictures I took over the last 2 weeks in Florida for like 30 minutes now, trying to figure out how the heck to even START telling you about our trip.  And I've decided there's no other way than to just do a bunch of different posts to tell you about our adventures and visitors.  So for the first post, I suppose I'll start at the beginning!

For those who didn't know, we took a 12-day trip to Florida to visit my family and our friends.  It was the longest I've been back in the state probably since I moved to California 7 1/2 years ago, and it was great - we came home relaxed and happy rather than exhaused and frazzled after our usual 3-5 day trips!  We could obviously have thought of about 50 other places to spend a 2-week vacation, but now that we have Mason we knew the best decision would be to give him (and us) as much time as possible with his grandparents, great-grandparents and aunts/uncle. 

So, off to Florida we went!  Here are some kickoff pictures of us at the airport in SD.  In true Mason flirt style, he immediately found a family with two high-school aged daughters, and got comfortable.


I mean, he has his hands on her leg.  I think we're going to be in trouble in another 15 years...

Watching the planes

Burning off some energy before the flight

Mason was a rockstar on all 4 flights to and from Florida.  He is just so easy to entertain, and he loved snuggling in on our laps and watching the movies we brought on the portable DVD player.  After we got to FL and got a good night's rest, we jumped right into the pool the next morning, and pretty much didn't leave unless we had visitors or plans the rest of the trip!

All of our pool time is great for Mason - he already knows to start kicking when he's in the deep water holding onto someone, and is great at keeping his head up.

My parents' pool has an awesome ledge that is almost exactly like the kiddie pool back home.  Mason was right at home there, playing and crawling around.


Watch out, here comes daddy!!!

Ahh don't get me!!



Kick kick kick!!

Oh the fun - water and a Solo cup!



How we spent most of our days.

Fun in the pool with Pop!  Mason kept grabbing his ankles for some reason - so funny!

Time to dry off!

Bye bye, pool - see you tomorrow!

More trip details to come, check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment