Thursday, August 4, 2011

Splash Park

Once we landed in Florida it became apparent to me that other than the pool and playing inside, we weren't going to be doing much...it was SO hot and humid.  I've been bummed to find out that we don't have any splash parks in our area in San Diego - or really any in San Diego at all - and was wondering if we could find one in Gainesville for a change of scenery.  Turns out, there is one about 10 minutes from my parents house! 

So off we went!  And as an added bonus, my friend Danielle and her 8 month old Jett, as well as my high school friend Elisa joined us.  Entertainment AND an opportunity to catch up with friends I haven't seen in years?  Score!

Looking at these pictures, it's amazing to me this was only 8 days ago.  Mason is now walking around completely un-assisted, yet that day wouldn't go anywhere without a hand to hold onto.



Having a blast!


Danielle and Jett arrived, and she immediately scooped Mason up for a hug!

Mason checking out his new buddy, Jett from afar...just the way he likes it.  Because apparently these days he's afraid of other children.

Sorry Mason, but Jett wants to meet you.  I love these next 2 pictures - Jett just wants to say hi, and Mason is reallllyyyy not so sure he wants him to :)

Um...why are you touching me??

Ok, I like you a little better now that daddy is holding me. 
By the way...Jett is 8 months old.  Yes, he is 6 MONTHS YOUNGER than Mason.  And is almost the same size.  Don't worry Mason, you'll catch up (hopefully)!!

I love that Mason is STILL checking out Jett like he's not so sure about him. 

More fun with Solo cups!

Tristan got Mason under this fountain, and I don't think he noticed he was inside a waterfall

It was so great to see these women, and meet the sweet, adorable Jett!!  Elisa, maybe next time you'll have a little one you can bring along to play!?  Let's not go so many years till next time, hope to see you again soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all the pictures you took :) You are getting really good with that camera, I think it takes great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete